You may already be aware of the challenges that we face in delivery and shipping for the remainder of the year, especially during the holiday season. These challenges are not unique to Young Living, and you can see that in recent news headlines across the globe. Our small parcel and freight carriers are reporting the possibility of significant shipping delays that will affect a large majority of our shipping lanes and home delivery routes. Our small parcel carriers are indicating that delivery and peak season surcharges will be the norm through the end of the year. Small parcel capacity is constrained, and we have been notified that we may see delayed pick- ups from our facility, especially during peak holiday season. Some carriers are indicating that delivery could be delayed as much as 2 – 3 weeks.
Considering this, we want to provide some information that will help you best plan your purchases during the holiday season.
What you should know:
- No matter where you shop for the holiday season, consider potential shipping delays when determining when to order for important deliveries.
- Most small parcel carriers are defining “peak season” as October 4th through January 16th.
- The Young Living Supply Chain team is focused on minimizing supply disruption but the volatility in transportation is difficult to predict. We are working to ensure that our foundational products are available to you while other products may experience short outages.
What you should consider during peak season:
- Expect that peak season fulfillment time could take up to 3 days from order payment to shipping dock and that Black Friday/Cyber Monday could take up to 6 days
- Delivery times are expected to increase significantly:
- 7-day economy delivery: up to 15 days during peak season.
- 5-day ground delivery: up to 9 days during peak season.
- 3-day expedited delivery: up to 4 days during peak season.
We feel that it is important to provide this information for two reasons. One, we want to make sure we are as transparent as possible, so you are not surprised by potential product availability and shipping delays. Two, we know that the holiday season can be chaotic and busy for everyone, so we wanted to make sure you were armed with the information you need to help you make your holidays as wonderful as possible.
The Young Living Supply Chain is committed to making your delivery and shipping experience as smooth as possible during peak season. We are monitoring this situation very closely and will continue to provide you the information you need to help us provide you the product you need when you need it. Should the situation change, we will make sure we communicate quickly.