Eliminating toxins from your home is a fantastic way to increase your brain's health. Choosing the non-toxic lifestyle has been proven to help reduce the chances of age related mental health diseases1 and can help reverse the damage that has already begun. This goes for mild impairments and is like true for Parkinson's and Alzheimer's etc...
My decision to go non-toxic has definitely improved my mental acuity! Lyme disease was wreaking havoc on my body and brain for years - before I was diagnosed. My recent brain scans still show some memory issues but I have my life back and think clearly - well... most of the time!
Using essential oils to help me detoxify my home seemed overwhelming at first, but once I got started, I was surprised at how easy and affordable the transition was. I spend FAR less money on cleaning supplies than ever before!
Purification Essential Oil (EO) blend is a combination of six essential oils known for their cleansing and purifying properties. Each oil offers unique benefits that contribute to its effectiveness. If you don't own any essential oils, this is a great one to start with. It's power is a little different, but there is also a lot of overlap, with our Thieves blend. However, if you're not a fan of clove and cinnamon, you may like the smell of purification better.
Here are 8 ways to use Purification EO and some of the latest research available about the six oils in the blend.
- Air Purification: Diffuse Purification to cleanse and freshen the air in your home, office, or any indoor space. It helps keep you well by eliminating the things in the air that can harm you.
- Odor Control: A little spray top is great when you have shoes, gym bags, trash cans, laundry baskets or bathrooms that stink. I like the ones I get on Amazon that screw directly onto my EO bottles. Or you can apply a few drops of Purification to cotton balls and place them in anywhere that odors are a concern.
- DIY Cleaning Solutions: Add Purification EO to your homemade cleaning solutions for its purifying properties.
- Insect Repellent: Add Purification to a carrier oil and apply to skin for a non toxic insect repellent. Or diffuse in areas where bugs are a nuisance.
- Skin Blemishes: Apply a drop of Purification oil directly to blemishes or skin imperfections to help cleanse and purify the affected area. It can be beneficial for supporting clear and healthy-looking skin.
- Laundry Refresher: Clothes that are supposed to be clean but smell funny is the worst!! Add a few drops of Purification oil to the laundry detergent or dryer balls when doing laundry. It helps eliminate unpleasant odors from clothes and leaves them smelling clean and fresh.
- Car Freshener: Add a few drops of Purification to your little car diffuser or just use a cotton ball in the air vents to help it smell fresh and clean.
- Pet Odor Eliminator: Carpets, cushions etc hold pet odors! Spray it neat (without dilution) when the odor is pungent, but typically, you can dilute it with water and it will still be effective at neutralizing pet odors.
Here's a list of the six oils in Young Living's Purification blend with highlights of the reported findings:
- Citronella - A natural insecticide.2 Antimicrobial properties against various pathogens, including bacteria and fungi.3
- Lemon Grass - Can reduce biofilm.4 Anti inflammotory.5 Anti microbial.6 Shown to reduce cancerous lymphomas.7
- Lavandin (lavender) - Helps with anxiety.8 Lavender essential oil is known to be rich in medicinal properties like antimicrobial activity, anxiolytic, anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive, and antioxidant properties.9 Sleep aid.10
- Myrtle - Antimutagenic and Antioxidant.11
- Rosemary - Reduces: stress, pain, inflammation, gastrointestinal issues, respiratory problems, bad breath. Increases: memory retention, hair growth, skin health & appearance.12
- Tea Tree - Lice.13 Flies.14 Antiseptic, antimicrobial, antiprotazoal etc ...15
With the post antibiotic era quickly approaching due to their overuse and growing inability to fight off what now plagues us, essential oils are rising in popularity. However all essential oils are not created equally, and many contain toxic chemicals - the very thing I'm urging you to avoid. Though it may be tempting, remember that cheap oils are almost never pure.
Young Living's oils can be found in medical professional offices all over the world. They are trustworthy. And everyone should have a bottle of Purification and Thieves on hand! Please, let me know if you have any questions or need help.