Self-care is all about taking care of YOU, but it is not selfish if your motives are pure. The truth is that when we fail to care for ourselves, we give our friends, families, and the world a lesser version of ourselves. Less healthy, less active, less fun, less happy, less encouraging, and a shorter life span - these are just some of the results we get when we don't take care of ourselves. Our families and friends deserve better and for goodness sakes, it's no sin to admit, I want to enjoy life for my own well-being!
Self-care for your mind, body and soul helps you:
- feel better physically and emotionally
- look at the bright side, and count your blessings even when life is hard
- laugh and be silly more often
- have healthier relationships
- make better decisions
- increase your productivity level
- discover opportunities
- be discerning without being judgmental
- jump to conclusions less often
- act instead of react
- feel gratitude
- live in integrity with your core values
- be a good role model
- strengthen your ability to lead well
. . . The point is, the benefits you will enjoy are many and proper self-care helps you be a positive force in the lives of others.
A new, quick and easy routine can help get every day off to a good start. We know that essential oils enter our bloodstream and break the blood-brain barrier quickly1, so they are a wonderful way to improve our mood2.
The Routine: Every morning before you sit down at your desk, take five minutes to fill your diffuser with oils that are known to be uplifting. Stress Away is a good one. While you are filling your diffuser focus on: 3 things you are grateful for3, and 3 things you are looking forward to in the near future. Talk to God about them and ponder them in your heart, allowing yourself to smile and relish the thoughts. Essential oils magnify the good results of these thoughts4 5.
For mind, body and soul care, Stress Away essential oil is a favorite.
More Ideas For Using Stress Away For Your Mind, Body & Soul:
- Start your day by diffusing Stress Away. Eight drops for an 8 hour diffuser. If you need a little pep in your step, just add a few drops of Peppermint. Energetic and free of stress is the best!
- Apply Stress Away to your wrists, neck, and temples.
- For a tense or sore body, a few drops of Stress Away massaged on the area where you're feeling it.
- Diffuse at night for restful sleep and wake up feeling ready to face the day's challenges. If sleep is a big challenge for you, add a few drops of Lavender and take Immupro early in the evening - it's my fav!
- Before you sit down to read or meditate, place one drop in the palm of your hands, rub them together, then cup over your nose and take a take 10 deep breaths.
- Add epsom salts and several drops of Stress Away to a warm bath to help you relax. While soaking, recite words that bring joy and peace to your heart. This is a great way to get in the mood for a romantic evening and can help ease relational tensions with your partner, or anyone.
- Calm your body and brain and stimulate your lymphatic system with a Stress Away body scrub. In a small mason jar, combine unrefined granulated sugar, a little bit of raw honey, and a small amount of vitamin E oil with 10-15 drops of Stress Away for a natural, rejuvenating, and relaxing body scrub.
Other great choices for nourishing your mind, body and soul are Peace & Calming, Clarity and Brain Power. My all-time favorite DIY concoction is Peppermint, Eucalyptus Radiata, Lavender and Lemon. It clears my head when it's stuffy and clears the negative thoughts too!
I hope that you will take time for regular self-care, knowing that it's necessary for you to feel good, and be at your best, physically, emotionally, and relationally.