Brain related aging, Alzheimer's and dementia are not inevitable, even if you have them in your family history! And here's another piece of great news! 🎉 A healthier and less toxic lifestyle can help minimize and even reverse the damage - especially in the early stages. However, if you are not already bent toward living a healthy, disciplined lifestyle, you may not like what I have to say. But it might help move you in that direction. 💜 That is my hope!
Dr. Daniel Amen has been called the world's leading psychiatrist and brain researcher. I am a Brain Health Coach and my certification is from Amen University. It's a privilege to be able to share what I learned with people who care about their health and the health of their loved ones.
Brain issues begin decades before any symptoms appear, so no one really knows if they are headed in that direction unless they get a SPECT brain scan. The best idea is to start changing your ways now! You will reap benefits beyond good brain health! And, if you or a parent are already in the throws of any disease, treatment will work better if in conjunction to the treatment you change your ways. So whether you are young or old, you will benefit from adopting lifestyle changes.
The goal for optimal brain health is two-fold:
1. Increase Blood Flow to the brain.
2. Decrease Toxins because they adversely affect your brain.
Whether the cause is beta-amyloid plaque and neurofibrillary tangles as seen in Alzheimer's; viral or bacterial invasions as seen in Chronic Fatigue and Lyme; broken tau proteins as seen in brain injuries; deterioration of the brain due to environmental or food borne toxins; vascular issues or plaques building up as seen in dementia - they all need two things. 1) More blood flow 2) A ridding of toxins.
There are other things that are proven to cause serious brain health issues such as drug or alcohol abuse and working in a toxic environment like:
- with pesticides
- chemical plants
- furniture factories
We all suffer some toxic brain damage because our world is a polluted place and we ingest toxins in our food and beverages. However, those listed in the above professions suffer toxic brain damage at alarming rates, reducing their quality of life and can even shorten lifespan. Fortunately, with concerted efforts to 1) increase blood flow to the brain, and 2) get rid of all avoidable toxins - you can minimize and even reverse much of the damage.
To Increase Blood Flow
- Stay hydrated all the time. Water and green tea are great choices.
- Take Cardiogize to support heart and help circulation.
- Cypress Essential Oil supports the circulatory system and smells amazing!
- Make sure your Vitamin D levels are optimal.1 Super D is a great choice.
- Eat 1 oz. of dark chocolate everyday. It feels like a treat and it increases flavanols and is rich in polyphenols.2
- Increase potassium rich foods. For brain health, lower sugar options such as whole fruit instead of juice is a better option.3
- Drink less alcohol. No more than 3 drinks a week.4
- Wean down your caffeine consumption to 1-2 cups a day. Caffeine restricts blood vessels.5
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is great for those needing extra help.
To Decrease Toxins
- Eliminate processed foods, or at least minimize what you consume.6
- Get plenty of antioxidants in your diet. NingXia Red is a great choice.7 Two ounces mixed with a little sparkling water is like an afternoon mocktail that can help reduce cravings for sugar and alcohol. You can learn more about it here.
- Buy organic if you can.
- Switch to all natural healthy sweeteners and stop using sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Don't use bleach, antibacterial chemicals, ammonia, or regular cleaning products.
- Do use Thieves Household Cleaner for cleaning ehhhverrreeething - you will love it, and it's less expensive than just about anything you can buy. Baking Soda and Vinegar are good options too.
- Don't use products that have the word fragrance on the label like: lotions, shampoos, make-up, cleaning products, air fresheners, candles, dryer sheets...
- Don't be fooled by labels. Know what ingredients to avoid and read all the labels. Greenwashing is like brainwashing... the labels are meant to fool you.
- Young Living's Seed to Seal promise is outstanding and our products won't disappoint!
Everyone hopes for a long healthy life with a mind that stays sharp! But few people are willing to live the life required to reap that reward. And most of us need a little support to follow through with the things we want to do.
I'm here to help you as you ditch the toxic products and begin your brain healthy journey. You can ditch and switch all at once if your budget allows, or ditch and switch as you run out of things. We have better alternatives for most of the things you probably buy at Walgreens or CVS. Please reach out if you'd like a free consultation regarding your health journey.